I am very pleased to provide dog walking and accompanied services. I have four of my own dogs - most rescued - and enjoy both agility and obedience with my dogs, all using positive, reward based, force-free training.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch and see About – Services for more details.
O'Tom Tick Twister
Ticks are external parasites that feed on blood sucked from humans or animals, generally found in wooded or forested areas, grass, bushes, undergrowth, meadows and clearings, but can also be found anywhere there is grass.
Ticks in the United Kingdom can carry a number of infections which cause disease in both humans and animals. If left untreated, many of these infections can result in severe and debilitating symptoms, from Ticks carrying Lyme's Disease. Ticks are most active between April and October due to the warm weather.
The Tick Twister is one of the best and safest ways to remove ticks without leaving the mouthparts of the tick planted in the skin - without the use of chemicals. It also reduces the risk of infection caused by other tools that ‘squeeze’ during the tick removal process.
- Cradles the body of the tick without compressing the abdomen, minimising the transfer of tick-borne infections.
- Removes the whole tick without leaving parts behind in the skin.
- Removes the tick, quickly and without any pain.
- It can be disinfected or sterilised.
- Made from recyclable plastic, which is resistant to ether and most solvents.
- The blister pack folds to become a useful and compact carry pack.